2.24.2013

two gone by

DSC_0025 DSC_0182 DSC_0074 DSC_0231 DSC_0301 DSC_0283
somehow it's nearly march and we've had two birthdays come and go.  eliot turned 11 (seriously) at the end of january and we managed to keep six boys entertained with a parachute, some stomp rockets and a good old fashioned jump rope contest!  and then that arlo went and turned 7 at the beginning of february, how i'm not sure.  she wanted disneyland and swimming and really why wouldn't anyone want that???  
i know back in the day, i used to get a little sappy over here on birthdays, but it seems a little different now that they are big kids.  so big.  and so loud.  oh man.  somedays i can't even stand being in the same room with them.  and others i want nothing more than to lay in a giggling heap of them on the couch.  i guess that means they're growing up?  or maybe i am?  i'm not sure.  what i do know is that they are pretty great.  loud mouths and all.  i love my three monkeys.

9 Comments:

Blogger Liza B. Gonzalez said...

Happy birthday to your little monkeys.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago, you posted a photo of Arlo & my heart broke open: "Oh, I Do want children," I realized. I was taken aback because I thought my husband & I were fine in our child-less living. (We were going with the flow & we didn't get pregnant)

I kept reading your writing & loving it all, but never sharing my revelation.

Now, Arlo is 7, Happy happy Birthday Arlo, & and we received a call from a birthmother the other day who would like my husband & me to raise her baby up: she is due in July.

G-d willing, I will be a mother, just like I really wanted.

I'm in shock, awe, amazement. & so glad I found your writing/photography.

Congratulations on all of the celebrations at your house.

Marian

12:45 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

Marian, that is perhaps one of the most flattering, heartfelt things I've ever heard. I'm so excited for you and your sweet baby who will be here so soon. Being a mother is certainly the hardest job I've ever had.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Hannah. We just found out we are having a Girl. Breathing .... :)

Marian

9:56 AM  
Blogger hannah said...

A GIRL!!! That is sooo exciting Marian!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A GIRL. Oh.

Marian

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,
We are expecting our baby soon ... We are in her birth state, having travelled here a week early, because contractions had begun, then, never got regular enough to say labor had begun.

The limbo has been glorious, since we get a break from our normal, busy lives. As you mentioned, this is going to be a hard job, so I am not rushing it, knowing she will enter the world on her own time.

Will let you known when she is born, certainly :)

Marian

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah, our girl is here, in my arms, my heart. Our arms, our hearts :)

Would love to send you photo etc via email, if that's ok.

I always remember you mentioning this hard job, so I am easy on myself, as I do not want to rush a minute.

Today, she stayed awake, & more aware, longer. I love noticing the subtle changes of this flower opening.

Marian

4:51 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

yes marian, please do! haeshu at gmail congratulations on your sweet new daughter xoxo

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home